On Friday 5th April, I was honoured to be asked to speak at the Inaugural Gala Dinner for the Bengali Business Community in Birmingham. I was supported by the Vice Chair of Governors, Mr Holland, and my Assistant Head teacher Mr Ahmed. It was an all – round excellent evening, the food and entertainment were outstanding. The largest cohort of students at Broadway Academy are from the Bangladeshi Community and they achieve fantastic results.
Congratulations to our Bangladeshi Students for their 2018 GCSE successes!
- Bangladeshi students‘ Progress 8: +0.3 (one third above the national average – this is calculated as an average over 8 subjects so is very impressive)
- Bangladeshi girls in English: +0.87— almost one grade above other students nationally
- Bangladeshi boys and girls in Maths: +0.3— over a third of a grade above other students nationally
- Bangladeshi boys and girls Science: P8 +0.6 – over half a grade above the NA
- Bangladeshi Pupil Premium students (PP) +0.4. Almost half a grade above the NA for all students and 7/10 of a grade better than PP students nationally (2017 PP was –0.3)
- Bangladeshi (MA) +0.12 — over one tenth of a grade better than MA students nationally
- Bangladeshi students in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Art over one and a half grades above the NA for Progress – Biology: +1.9, Chemistry: + 1.7, Physics: +1.9, Art: + 1.6.