8th July 2019
All students will finish school at 12.20pm on Wednesday 17th July and must return to school at 8.35am on Thursday 18th July.
All students will finish school on Friday 19th July at 12.20pm to start their summer holidays.
The dates and times of our start in September are as follows:
Wednesday 4th September Year 7 and 11 will attend school as normal.
Start at 8.35am – 3.05pm
Year 12 will be in school from 11.20am – 1.20pm
Year 13 will be in school from 8.35am – 1.20pm
Thursday 5th September All students to start at 8.35am
Year 12 students will be starting their 2 day induction into Sixth form at Aston University on Thursday 5th at 9.00am. Year 13 lessons will start as normal.
Expectations regarding students’ school equipment and uniform
At Broadway Academy, we are committed to helping our students achieve the best possible exam results and also to build their self-reliance and independence for later in life. An important element in achieving this is ensuring that all students come to school with the correct equipment and the vast majority succeed in doing this. At a time when you may be considering replacing items of equipment/uniform we want to remind you of the requirements.
- Students are bringing a suitable bag/rucksack to school on a daily basis to take responsibility for their school equipment.
- Students have a properly stocked pencil case and their school planner in each lesson. The pencil case should have minimum equipment comprising two pens, a pencil, ruler, rubber and sharpener.
- Students have the correct uniform (see details further down the page).
Please follow the guidance on what is acceptable uniform and do not purchase “skinny” trousers, “ankle grazers” or any other clothing/footwear that is not detailed over page. Students wearing non-uniform items will be instructed to change causing extra expense for the parent/guardian, which could easily have been avoided.
We would ask families to support this by discussing it with your son/daughter
- Make sure they have an appropriate school bag for their books
- Develop a routine at home where the bag is packed the night before
- Make sure they have the properly stocked pencil case
- Ensure they have the correct uniform which follows the Academy’s dress code
We would like to thank all those parents who are actively involved in assisting students with their organisation, school equipment and standards of uniform.
To support the equipment checks, the school will
- Make pencil cases with minimum requirements available at our student reception window for £1
- Provide personalised support to students who need help with organisation.
- Form tutors and their SSM/SSA will check every morning that the basic requirements regarding equipment are met.
- Implement sanctions for students who cannot meet this basic requirement for schooling.
School uniform at Broadway
Whilst these measures may seem small, they will go a long way to help build student’s – self-reliance, responsibility and organisation. They will also promote continued opportunities for families to be actively involved in their children’s learning.
I would like to thank you for your on-going support and working with us to ensure your child receives an excellent education.