Our menus are designed to offer choice, take into consideration vegetarian, cultural and religious dietary requirements and meet the requirements of the Government’s food-based and nutrient-based standards for school lunches.
Taylor Shaw are Broadways partners for providing our fantastic school meals. They are a catering company with over 20 years experience providing high quality catering services to both state and public schools nationwide.
Broadway has been operating a bio-metric cashless catering system since 2006. By doing so it:-
Removes or reduces the need for pupils to carry cash
The pupil’s account can be credited by a parent by cash, cheque or directly to the school or by the pupil at a remote wall mounted revaluation unit. The option for the parent/guardian to pay directly to the school ensures the money is spent in school and not elsewhere.
Removes the opportunity for bullying and improves pupil welfare.
The biometric system means that the account hold no monetary value and the pupil either does not carry cash or less frequently, resulting in the opportunity for bullying being reduced.
Removes the ‘free school meal’ stigma.
Pupils entitled to a ‘free school meal’ allowance has an account like all the paying pupils so the stigma is removed. The ‘free school meal’ allowance is automatically allocated by the biometric system on a daily basis. Unused meal allowance is removed daily and does not accumulate as a balance on the pupils account.
Our new online payment service!
We’re pleased to announce that we are now accepting payments online for items such as dinner money, school trips and uniform. Using a secure website called ParentPay you can pay online using your credit or debit card. ParentPay will be our preferred method of making payments to school.
What are the benefits to parents and pupils?
- ParentPay is easy-to-use and will offer you the freedom to make online payments whenever and wherever you like, 24/7.
- The technology used is of the highest internet security available ensuring that your money will reach school safely – offering you peace of mind
- Payments can be made by credit/debit card or also through PayPoint
- Full payment histories and statements are available to you securely online at anytime
- Your children won’t have to worry about losing money at school
- Parents can choose to be alerted when their balances are low via email and/or SMS text
What are the benefits to our school?
The more parents that use ParentPay, the greater the benefit is to our school. You can help us reduce workloads for all staff, creating more time to lend to educational support and the smooth running of the school. Using ParentPay also ensures that all financial transactions are safe and secure – helping us to remove costs associated with us having to manage cash securely on the school premises.
How to get started with ParentPay…
We will shortly be sending you your account activation username and password, once you receive these:
- Visit www.parentpay.com
- Enter your Activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage.
NB. These are for one-time use only, you will choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process
- Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username and password for your account – registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders
- Once activation is complete you can go to straight to Items for payment, select which item(s) you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment
How do I find out more?
If you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits below, then your child is eligible for Free School Meals.
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
What to do next?
If your application for Free School Meals is successful, Broadway Academy will also receive extra funding from the Government to use in support of teaching and learning (Pupil Premium).
If you would like to apply for Free School Meals you can:
- Apply online at www.link2ict.org/FSM
- Ask for further details by calling 0121 566 4334 ext 22327 to discuss this with a member of our admin team or please make a visit to school reception where someone will discuss this face-to-face
- Should you NOT wish to complete the form online please print and complete this form and return it to Broadway.